Keep America Flying! This program teaches students precision aircraft technical skills necessary to become an FAA Certified Airframe and Powerplant Technician.
Students in this program will learn:
- Repair and maintenance of airframes in accordance with industry standards and FAA regulations
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Aircraft inspection procedures
- Engine performance diagnosis
- Maintenance of aircraft powerplants
- Composite structure repair
Aviation Maintenance Higher Education Options
Two- and four-year technical degrees in aviation technology, aeronautics, or aeronautical engineering. Articulation agreements with four-year colleges,such as the University of New Mexico-Roswell andParks College of St. Louis University, can earn students up to two years college credit toward a bachelor’s degree in aviation.