College Credit Plus (CCP)
College Credit Plus is Ohio’s dual enrollment program that provides students in grades 7-12 the opportunity to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking courses from Ohio colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to enhance students’ career readiness and postsecondary success, while providing a wide variety of options to college-ready students, at no or limited costs to students and families. Each individual university decides their own CCP admissions requirements. Please visit each individual college website below for deadline and eligibility information.
- More information: https://www.ohiohighered.org/ccp
- CCP is free! No application fee! High school pays for tuition and books.
- CCP courses are rigorous college level courses
- Students will be treated as a college student because they are when taking CCP
- The university communicates with the college student only due to FERPA
- Communication is only through the student university email
- CCP grades will appear on a college and high school transcript
- CCP classes can be used to meet High School Graduation Requirements
- Thus, failing a CCP class can affect meeting graduation requirements
- Students are allowed 30 credit hours per year of high school and college credit hours combined
Want more information? Attend our CCP Informational Night at MCCTC! Representatives from YSU, Kent and EGCC will be here to answer all of your questions!
|CCP Information Night||Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 6pm|
- April 1 each year: Deadline to submit annual Intent Form to Participate in CCP. This needs to be submitted to your school counselor each year to participate in CCP.
- Each university sets their own deadline to apply for CCP- check their websites because they change year to year
- Note that these requirements vary by university and specific courses can have further requirements.
- College ready 7th-12th graders
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative unweighted GPA
- At least a 17 composite ACT or SAT evidence based writing/reading and math combined score of at least 910
- College ready benchmark (ACT English 18, ACT Reading 22, ACT math 22)
- Other alternatives are permitted by certain universities typically in the form of university selected standardized assessments
YSU CCP Application Link: https://ysu.edu/ocat/college-credit-plus/
Kent State CCP Application Link: https://www.kent.edu/ccp/ccp-application
EGCC CCP Application Link: https://egcc.edu/ccp/
Questions, please contact:
Mrs. Psaras – Cassandra.Psaras@MahoningCTC.com 330-729-4152
CCP Coordinator for Valley STEM + Me2 Academy
Mrs. Mechling – Lauren.Mechling@MahoningCTC.com 330-729-4008
CCP Coordinator for MCCTC