MCCTC 2023 Senior Awards Ceremony Outdoor Guidelines
- Seniors are allowed TWO vehicles (containing themselves and family/friends) in the lot (no riders in the back of a pick up truck and all vehicles must be able to fit in a single parking space.) Seniors must ride in one of the two vehicles.
- Both vehicles will be issued a visitor pass containing a number and letter, for example 20 A and 20 B. Vehicles containing the A pass will be directed to the lot in front of the stage. Vehicles containing the B pass will be directed to the auxiliary lot. Occupants of that vehicle will be able to walk to the ceremony area. Vehicles in the main (A) parking lot will be staggered in spaces/rows that correspond with the Student # to allow guest visibility and seating. ***No seating accommodations will be provided by MCCTC.
- Additional vehicles will not be permitted to enter campus.
- Upon arriving, seniors will be led to the designated door of their procession.
- Seniors may decorate their vehicles in compliance with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Because of time and logistic restraints, only one academy is permitted on campus at any one time in accordance with the assigned schedule. Seniors may not enter or remain on campus to observe another academy.
- Seniors will only be granted entrance to the parking lot 30 minutes before their academy’s scheduled time. There will be only one entrance and exit.
- All seniors must arrive dressed in their cap and gown. In accordance with and support of county school guidelines, seniors ARE NOT PERMITTED to have decorated caps. Our policy mirrors that of the home schools and we will not allow students to walk with decorated caps.
- Upon arrival, seniors will be issued the contents of their Career Passports, MCCTC tassel and, if applicable, a STEM cord.
- A JumboTron and link to a radio station will assist guests in viewing and hearing from all vehicles and parking spaces. The ceremony will also be available live streamed on YouTube for anyone who cannot attend
- Outdoor venue; only those students participating will be permitted into the “D” hallway where staff will assist the lineup for the procession. Students will not be permitted back into the building after the ceremony.
- Outdoor portable restrooms will be on campus.
- Seniors will have a procession that will be visible on the JumboTron and will walk across the stage to receive their Career Passport.
- After leaving the stage, seniors may proceed to the designated area for photos taken by our professional photographer. ***Information will be provided if you wish to purchase the photos.
- After all seniors have received their Passport, the group will turn their tassels and be dismissed via police escort.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Mara Banfield, MCCTC Director, at (330-729-4000 Ext. 1207) or email at Mara.Banfield@mahoningctc.com