Valley STEM + ME2 Academy-Coursework
Mission: To prepare students with the skills necessary to compete in the global economy while nurturing the characteristics of discovery, invention, application, and entrepreneurship.
The curriculum in Valley STEM + ME2 Academy was chosen to guide students in the mission of the program. Data from the current job market, student interests, and college/career readiness guides curriculum choices. Valley STEM + ME2 incorporates Project Lead the Way (PLTW) as the foundation for part of the curriculum. Project Lead The Way is the nation’s leading provider of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) programs. In addition to PLTW, Advanced Career/Clean Energy Technology will be taught throughout the two-year program.
- Clean Energy Technology 2
- Robotics 2 (Build and test robots; competitions)
- FANUC/Motoman (RAMTEC Lab- Brand New!)-Students may have opportunity to earn 12-points in Industry Credentials
- Computer Software 2
- English Language Arts 10 or English Language Arts 10-Honors
- Chemistry or Honors Chemistry (as long as Biology requirement met)
- American History or American History Honors
- Math (Geometry or Alg. 2, or honors)
- Online Elective(s)