The Culinary Arts program allows students to study the art of preparing and cooking various food products with the knowledge of food science, sanitation, and an understanding of diet and nutrition. Students can develop the skills necessary for success in the demanding and competitive food service/hospitality industry.
Students in this program will learn:
- Food preparation – basic and advanced culinary skills
- Menu development; foodservice purchasing and inventory control
- Food safety and sanitation practices
- Soup; salad; appetizer and main entrée preparation
- Bakery and dessert preparation
- Dining room; cafeteria; and banquet catering operation and management
Culinary Arts Higher Education Options
Two-year associate degrees in culinary arts, baking and pastry, hospitality management, and hotel/restaurant management. Four-year professional degrees in restaurant management, institutional food management, dietetics and nutrition, and hotel and restaurant management.