Learn the skills necessary for successful clinical health careers in this hands-on course.
Students in the Medical Occupations program will be prepared to enter the varied fields of therapeutic services (STNA), as well as learn basic medical and dental office procedures. The Medical Occupations program is state certified in Nurse Aide training and meets Medicare federal guidelines. Required clinical experience in the senior year provides opportunities for job experience and authentic employment in health care. Students work part-time in area medical facilities and receive both credit and pay for their employment. Students must be dependable, honest, motivated and dedicated to patient care.
Students in this program will learn:
- Medical and dental office and clinical skills
- Medical insurance procedures and transcription skills
- State of Ohio Nurse Aide Training Program (NATCEP
- Certification skills in CPR
- First Aid and EKG procedures
- Medical Terminology
- problem solving and critical thinking
- Computer skills – Basic medical billing
Higher Education Options
Students are prepared to enter training for medical assisting; LPN and RN programs; X-ray technician programs; physical/occupational therapy assistant programs; massotherapy programs; veterinary assistant programs and emergency medical technician programs.
Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
- Youngstown State University
- Eastern Gateway Community College
Ohio Means Jobs can help guide your career search.
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Dietary Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Office Assistant
- Chiropractic Office Assistant
- Physician/Dental Office Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- STNA Certification (12 credits)
- Phlebotomy (12 credits)
- OSHA (1 credit)
- CPR (1 credit)
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.