Creating Your Transportation Plan
Reliable transportation can become a barrier for many people in achieving their education and career goals. The best way to overcome these barriers is to be prepared and plan ahead.
Start to form your transportation plan by asking yourself these two questions:
- (Plan A) Do I have reliable transportation?
- (Plan B) If my transportation falls through, how would I get to school or work on time?
Consider the following to help you develop your plan:
- A Personal Vehicle is a primary mode of transportation for many students, but what happens if your car stops working tomorrow?
- Public transportation is another method used by many students, but what happens if you miss the bus? (Also consider that the bus stops running before evening classes end.)
- Friends and Family will often help students by providing transportation to and from important engagements such as school. Consider what will happen if your main source of transportation becomes unavailable.
myStop Mobile smartphone app:
WRTA online tripplanning is available on the myStop Mobile smartphone app.
Countywide is a flexible service that is offered with small buses and vans. Countywide picks riders up at their home or other location and takes them where they need to go. Countywide is available to all riders in Mahoning County, in areas not served by our Fixed Route (large bus) service. Monday through Saturday between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm.
Late Night is WRTA’s scheduled curb-to-curb service that runs between 9:15 pm and midnight Monday through Friday in Mahoning County. Must schedule at least 24 hours in advance.