Preparing to go to college?
College Credit Plus Information
College Credit Plus is Ohio’s dual enrollment program that provides students in grades 7-12 the opportunity to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking courses from Ohio colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to enhance student’s career readiness and postsecondary success, while providing a wide variety of options to college-ready students, at no or limited costs to students and families. Individuals university decides their own CCP admissions requirements.
Please visit each individual college website below for deadline and eligibility information.
- More information: Ohio Higher Ed Department
- CCP is free! – No application fee! High school pays for tuition and books
- CCP courses are rigorous
- Students will be treated like college students because they are when taking CCP
- The university communicates with the college student only due to FERPA
- Communication is only through the student university email
- CCP grades will appear on a college and high school transcript
- CCP classes can be used to meet High School Graduation Requirements
- Thus, failing a CCP class can affect meeting graduation requirements
- Students are allowed 30 credit hours per year of high school and college credit hours combined
April 1 Deadline to submit annual Letter of Intent to Participate in CCP. This needs to be submitted to your school counselor each year to participate in CCP.
College Application Links
Questions, please contact:
Mrs. Psaras – Cassandra.Psaras@MahoningCTC.com 330-729-4152 CCP Coordinator for Valley STEM + Me2 Academy
Mrs. Mechling – Lauren.Mechling@MahoningCTC.com 330-729-4008 CCP Coordinator for MCCTC
- CCP Information and Application
- For more information on College Credit Plus, visit: https://www.ohiohighered.org/ccp
- CCP Letter of Intent Due April 1st: http://www.mcdonald.k12.oh.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/CCP_Intent-to-Participate-Form_Public.pdf
- College Credit Plus for Students & Families: https://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Ohio-Education-Options/College-Credit-Plus
- CCP FAQ: https://www.ohiohighered.org/ccp/faqs
- College Credit Plus PowerPoint Presentation
Your high school may have an agreement with a local college for specific courses, however, you can choose to take College Credit Plus courses from any college that offers a course that would benefit your future. This could include online courses.
The requirements to be accepted into College Credit Plus vary by university. Students must meet the admissions requirements for the university they plan on attending.
Penguin Prep Academy for Juniors
Penguin Prep Academy (P2A) helps students increase college readiness through a series of interactive workshops. P2A meets on campus two days a week, for six weeks. YOU choose the workshop(s) you need. Find out more.
Jump Start for Seniors
If you tested into RSS 1510A, English 1540 and/or Math 1507 for the fall semester. One or more of your ACT scores are: English 16-17 and/or Math 18-21. You can save money and time completing your college degree by making the commitment to a summer workshop to help you become college-ready. Learn more.
Answers to Your FAFSA Questions
ACT Test Information
ACT online test prep. High school students can participate for free. Fee waivers available in the guidance office.
Why sign up? Receive an online “Study Path” to help facilitate ACT test-taking success. Access study materials covering all four areas: English, Math, Reading, and Science. Take two practice tests. Can use anywhere (home or school) with online access 24/7. To enroll see your site coordinator, Mrs. Towns. The website and log-in information will be provided to you.
See the guidance office for the access code.
MCCTC Code 360-752
Fees: $46.00, Writing $62.50*
YSU – 3368
KSU Salem – 3254
KSU Main – 3284
Stark State – 3345
KSU Trumbull – 3343
U of Akron – 3338
Joining the Workforce?
Try here! Ohio Means Jobs