Find your answers about the Valley STEM+ME2 Education?
Class List & Descriptions
Valley STEM+ME2 will use Project Lead the Way (PLTW) as the foundation for curriculum.
Latest STEM+ME2 News
See what is happeng with the MCCTC STEM+ME2 education. The Valley is excited and everyone is talking about it.
Applications are open now open for the 2017-2018 year
Valley STEM + ME2 Academy’s mission
The Valley STEM + ME2 Academy’s mission is to prepare students with skills necessary to compete in the global economy while nurturing the characteristics of discovery, invention, application, and entrepreneurship.
The Valley STEM + ME2 Academy will be open for the 2016-2017 school year for students entering grades 9 and 10! The Valley STEM + ME2 Academy will provide the ideal setting for students to receive problem-based education, based on mastery of skills. The Academy has a STEM-designation from the Ohio Department of Education. Students in Mahoning County, and surrounding areas, can apply through open-enrollment. Tours start in March, and an open house will take place in mid-April (more information to come).
For more information, email Mara Banfield, Principal Curriculum & Instruction at email@example.com.
Valley STEM + ME2 Core Values:
In order to provide a dynamic teaching and learning community linked to area industries, all stakeholders will be engaged as active members of the learning community and supporting students as they:
- Engage in a seamless, inquiry-based, individualized learning experience dedicated to using STEM across curriculum to solve problems;
- Set goals and work to obtain the skills, knowledge, and experiences that will position students for future success, particularly in the STEM disciplines;
- Participate in authentic real-world experiences with practicing scientists, engineers and technical professionals at research/industry sites;
- Participate in challenging and accelerated opportunities to demonstrate content mastery, as well as earn college credit;
- Participate in a program aligned to stackable industry certificates with specific career pathways.
Latest STEM+ME2 News
MCCTC Undergoes Active Shooter Training
Training someone on how to act in the event of an active shooter in a public school is still evolving.
Canfield Joint Fire District Capt. Troy Kolar said teachers and staff are the first responders in the event of a school shooting. During a full day of active shooter training Tuesday Kolar, an instructor at the Mahoning County Career & Technical Center, gave a presentation to the school’s staff on how to stop wounds from…
STEM Governing Board
Meets the first Tuesday of the month at 3PM at the ESC.
Mahoning County Educational Service Center
7320 N. Palmyra Rd.
Canfield Ohio 44406
Email Newsletter Archive