Messages and FAQ
Date: April 9, 2020
Letter and FAQ to MCCTC & Valley STEM Families
From: Mara L. Banfield, Director
Building is Closed
The MCCTC building is closed to outside visitors. Please email LeeAnn Vitelli at email@example.com or call the main office at 330-729-4000
For Chrome book issues contact LeeAnn Vitelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main office at 330-729-4000
WATCH: Safety Recommendation from Akron Children's Hospital
Spring Letter to MCCTC & Valley STEM Families (Current and Future)
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Spring break starts Friday April 10, and we will return Monday April 20. It is imperative that students check back in with instructors on the return date
- Students must continue to work hard to complete coursework. Although there have been some modifications to graduation requirements for this year, passing coursework for the year is still a requirement to graduate!
- We will continue to monitor and abide by the Governor’s directives and timeline (as of the date of this publication, May 1 is the scheduled return date)
- We will provide summer school offerings. Information will be sent in early May. If we are allowed in the building, we will offer a blended approach (some face-to-face with our staff, some online). If not allowed in the building, we will provide online coursework
- We are exploring summer camp opportunities for younger students as always (if we are permitted in building)
- We are also exploring summer camp options for current students to take Industry Credentialing coursework for their career portfolios that would have taken place this spring. Students will not be charged for what they would have taken in. More information to come- this will be dictated by if we are allowed in the building
- New Families- we will be reaching out after spring break to schedule online meetings with you and staff/administration to welcome you, and answer any questions you may have. For incoming grade 11 , if you have questions about accepting your enrollment letter, please contact email@example.com
- If you want added to our weekly newsletter (it is awesome!) email firstname.lastname@example.org . Click here to read the last one!
- See below for senior event dates and backup dates
Calendar for Senior Events (Current and Backup):
Thank you again for your partnership. We are grateful you are part of our amazing school family.
With Gratitude, Mara L. Banfield - Director MCCTC, Superintendent Valley STEM