Find your answers about the Valley STEM+ME2 Education?
Class List & Descriptions
Valley STEM+ME2 will use Project Lead the Way (PLTW) as the foundation for curriculum.
Latest STEM+ME2 News
See what is happeng with the MCCTC STEM+ME2 education. The Valley is excited and everyone is talking about it.
Applications are open now open for the 2017-2018 year
Valley STEM + ME2 Academy’s mission
The Valley STEM + ME2 Academy’s mission is to prepare students with skills necessary to compete in the global economy while nurturing the characteristics of discovery, invention, application, and entrepreneurship.
The Valley STEM + ME2 Academy will be open for the 2016-2017 school year for students entering grades 9 and 10! The Valley STEM + ME2 Academy will provide the ideal setting for students to receive problem-based education, based on mastery of skills. The Academy has a STEM-designation from the Ohio Department of Education. Students in Mahoning County, and surrounding areas, can apply through open-enrollment. Tours start in March, and an open house will take place in mid-April (more information to come).
For more information, email Mara Banfield, Principal Curriculum & Instruction at email@example.com.
Valley STEM + ME2 Core Values:
In order to provide a dynamic teaching and learning community linked to area industries, all stakeholders will be engaged as active members of the learning community and supporting students as they:
- Engage in a seamless, inquiry-based, individualized learning experience dedicated to using STEM across curriculum to solve problems;
- Set goals and work to obtain the skills, knowledge, and experiences that will position students for future success, particularly in the STEM disciplines;
- Participate in authentic real-world experiences with practicing scientists, engineers and technical professionals at research/industry sites;
- Participate in challenging and accelerated opportunities to demonstrate content mastery, as well as earn college credit;
- Participate in a program aligned to stackable industry certificates with specific career pathways.