MCCTC Adult Career Center can now offer a grant for tuition and fees
Thanks to a grant from the Ohio Department of Higher Education, MCCTC Adult Career Center* can now offer a grant for tuition and fees to students pursuing in-demand credentials. The program must be less than 900 clock hours and for which a certificate or industry-recognized credential is awarded in an in-demand job as determined by a local and regional needs assessment.
The following programs are offered at MCCTC Adult Career Center and eligible for this income-based grant opportunity:
- Firefighter Level One
- Firefighter Level Two
- Welding Short Course Programs
- Medical Office Specialist
Award amounts will be determined based on need and funding availability with a maximum cap of $2,000 per credential up to 3 credentials permitted for each grant recipient.
Beginning spring 2022, incoming students may apply to determine eligibility.
- Student must reside in the state of Ohio.
- Student must be enrolled in an eligible short-term program leading to a credential in an in-demand job field.
- Student must demonstrate financial need.
- Student must complete application for consideration and be willing to provide supporting documentation to the Financial Aid Office upon request.
*Applications are reviewed in the order they are received. Grants are awarded based on need. Award amounts may vary and are subject to individual needs and the availability of funds by the institution.