Click the links below for scholarship opportunities
DEADLINE: October 25, 2019
If integrity, determination, and courage describe you - you have what it takes to be a Horatio Alger Scholar. Our scholarships reward students who possess the character to succeed in life. We help students overcome the financial barriers of pursuing higher education. To qualify, you must have at least a 2.0 GPA and require financial assistance to attend college. To learn more and apply, visit scholars.horatioalger.org.
The eligibility criteria to be considered for Horatio Alger National and State Scholarships are as follows:
- Be enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the United States with plans to enter college no later than the Fall semester following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Hold a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Be a United States citizen
Application Deadline: October 25
DEADLINE: February 15, 2020
$1,000 LILA M. VAN SWERINGEN FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2019-2020
ELIGIBILITY: This scholarship program is open to all Ohio residents who attend Ohio high schools or colleges and will be attending_a post-secondary institution during the 2019-2020 academic year. The scholarship will be awarded to one who wishes to pursue an office-related career. Mrs. Van Sweringen was a co-founder of EOPO, and this scholarship was named in her honor. EOPO is a professional organization for all educational office personnel in Ohio-particularly office support personnel. It is NOT a bargaining unit and does not enter into negotiations with any educational system. The purpose of EOPO is to promote the professional growth of all persons employed as office personnel in an educational organization in the State of Ohio.
DEADLINE: May 01, 2020
The Girard Herb Society and Brubaker Family are offering this scholarship in memory of the wonderful woman who was a Master Gardner and member of the Girard Herb Society. Rayne taught many about the use of herbs and the joy of gardening. This Scholarship is to be given to a student who is planning to further his/her education in the HORTICULTURE, AGRICULTUREAL or ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE career.
This $250.00 scholarship is offered to a senior who is planning on furthering his/her education in one of these fields at a university, community college or a technical school.