MCCTC & Valley STEM- Will Start The Year Blended/Hybrid
As of July 23, 2020, MCCTC & Valley STEM has decided to start the year in the Blended/Hybrid format.
This decision was made after considering many sources of data, including numerous focus groups with stakeholders, multiple surveys to different audiences, and COVID-related statistical trends. It is the determination by the administration at MCCTC & Valley STEM that this is the best model for our school due to the nature and style of educational practices, and layout of the facilities. We are a school focused on workforce development, and our approach will be to prepare students with real-world skills while implementing recommended best practices to keep students and staff healthy. ?To allow for families to properly plan, we are committing this educational delivery to the first nine weeks, and will then reevaluate.
Please note: Only if the Governor mandates the closing of school would we move towards remote learning for the period of time he indicates, should that occur. More detailed information will be released during the week of August 3.
- Students spend a full day at school every-other-day to reduce the amount of students in one place (specific days will be discussed in August, if necessary)
- On days when students are not here, they will be responsible for blended learning remotely, with our instructors developing lessons and delivering instruction
- Students can receive additional in-person help on scheduled days (in-person days) from instructors
- Implement guidance regarding best practices from the Ohio Department of Health and other organizations
- Implement social distancing practices to the fullest extent possible where required or recommended
- Focus on physical, social, and emotional safety and well-being
- Revamp safety plan and procedures to integrate recommended best practices/mandates
- Industry input into safety protocol