Did You Know?
Students are encouraged to take the CASAS exam for the first time without studying in order to establish a baseline for learning.
If necessary, students can retake the exam to achieve the desired score. In these instances, students will have the opportunity to focus their studies on specific topics needed for improvement.
What To Expect
The CASAS Reading Goals Exam covers the following topics:
- Beginning Literacy / Phonics
- General Reading Comprehension
- Text in Format
- Reference Materials
- Reading Strategies
- Reading and Thinking Skills
- Academic-Oriented Skills
- Literary Analysis
See CASAS Reading Goals Sample Test to get an idea of what to expect on the day of your exam.
Online Learning Resources
Students may find the following online resources beneficial during their study:
MCCTC Learning Resource Center
Students are encouraged to visit the MCCTC Learning Resource Center to access study resources free of charge.
- CASAS Test Prep Books are available for use in the Learning Resource Center during normal business hours. Pending availability, students may have the opportunity to check out CASAS test prep books for at-home test preparation.
- Tutoring Services are available free of charge in the Learning Resource Center as well as computers for access to online study resources and application materials.
Contact the Adult Career Center Business Office for select times: (330)729-4100