To be a student in this program, you must be able to distinguish colors, be able to follow directions, have good manual dexterity and be able to use math skills to perform basic equations.
- Learn residential, industrial and commercial wiring system
- Learn operation of testing equipments
- Learn how to operate instrutments used in the electrical field
Students in this program will learn:
- Installation and troubleshooting
- Testing and measuring
- analysis of electrical circuits
- Operation of testing equipment and instruments in the electrical field
- Service of residential and commercial wiring systems
- Industrial wiring installation and repair
- Operation of programmable controllers for motor controls with computer functions and microprocessors
- Operation of industrial motor controls from Logic Line diagrams
- The National Electrical Code (NEC)
Higher Education Options
Two-year technical degree in electrical technology, or Four-year professional degree in electrical engineering
Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
- NCST - 250 Hrs in Electrical Tech Program
- Kent State University - Construction Safety 3 & Construction Technology
- EGCC - ELE 101 4
- Stark State - ETD 121 Eng Tech Seminar 1. Four-year apprenticeship program - We work very closely with the IBEW and IEC.
Ohio Means Jobs can help guide your career search.
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Electrical Control Assembler
- Electrical Maintenance Helper
- Heating and Air Conditioning Installer
- Residential Electrician
- Commercial Electrician Lineman
The Ohio Association of SkillsUSA is a Career-Technical Student Organization serving students in High School and College Post-Secondary Industrial, Engineering and Health Career Training programs in Ohio.