Early Childhood Education - Program Description
From creating lesson plans to working in our in-house infant and
toddler center, students in the Early Childhood Education program gain
firsthand experience and can explore their interests in the teaching and
human-services fields. Additional experience is provided in area day care
centers, nursery and elementary schools, and special education centers.
Students in this program will learn the 6 Child Development Associate
Students in this program will learn:
- To establish and maintain a safe; healthy; learning environment
- To advance physical and intellectual competence
- To support social and emotional development while providing positive discipline
- To establish positive and productive relationships with families
- To ensure a well-run purposeful program that is responsive to participant needs
- To maintain a commitment to professionalism
Early Childhood Education Industry Credentials
Child Development Associate (CDA) from the Council of Professional Recognition, a nationally recognized credential that offers 12 points towards graduation requirements.
Students will also be eligible to become certified in the following areas:
- Communicable Diseases (1 credit)
- Child Abuse (1 credit)
- OSHA (1 credit)
- CPR (1 credit)
Early Childhood Education Industry Organization
Ohio Means Jobs
can help guide your career search.