Digital Design & Print Technology
Digital Design & Print Technology combines the age-old principle of print designs with new methods of digitally enhancing the products we create. Students will learn the ethics and laws concerning the digital printing world and how to run and operate a their own business.
Students can choose which discipline they would like to pursue in their senior year—with the minimum of 12 points for graduation: Digital File Preparation and Output, Digital Production Printing, Graphic Design, Introduction to Graphic Communications, Offset Press Operations/Bindery & Finishing, and Screen Printing.
As we develop this program, more information will become available.
Students in this program will learn:
Digital Print Design
- Create Designs for 2- and 3-dimensional products (i.e. business cards; posters; package design; newsletters; logos; and corporate branding)
- Photography and Photo Restoration - Digital and Traditional Print Production
- Business Operations and Entrepreneurship
- Laws and Ethics in the Industry
- Operations and Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Students will run a "Spirit Store" – Students will learn to take inventory; write purchase orders; billing; and everything it takes to run a business.
Higher Education Options
Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
- Youngstown State University
- Stark State University
- Kent State University
- Virginia Marti
Ohio Means Jobs can help guide your career search.
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Graphic Designer in the Digital and Traditional Printing and Publishing fields
- Vinyl Sign and Embroidery Technicians
- Screen Printers
- Printers and Bindery Technicians and Apprenticeships
- Photographers and Digital Editing
- Sales Representatives
- Adobe Credentials - Adobe Certified Associate for InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop (3 tests at 4 credits each, for a total of 12 credits.)