Custom Auto Painting, Design & Repair Program
Preview of the Custom Auto Painting, Design & Repair 2020-21 program. Information subject to be updated.
Custom painting, car wraps, welding projects, detailing, light mechanical and plastic repair are just a few things you will find in this high energy, project based learning lab. You will also have the opportunity to learn the restoration of classic vehicles using modern techniques.This program gives you many skills to reach goals.
Students in this program will learn:
- Plastic components repair
- Body panel replacement and welding
- Replacement and alignment of cosmetic panels
- Application of basic principles of automotive electricity
- Custom-painting and pin-striping
- Frame and structural repair
Custom Auto Painting, Design & Repair Higher Education Options
Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
Custom Auto Painting, Design & Repair Career Options
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Auto Body Repairer and Painter
- Cost Estimator
- Frame Specialist
- Glass Technician
- Parts Salesperson
- Trim Installer
- Used-Car Reconditioner
Custom Auto Painting, Design & Repair Industry Credentials
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) (4 student tests, 3 credits each, 12 total credits)
- ICAR (12 credits)
Custom Auto Painting, Design & Repair Industry Organization
The Ohio Association of SkillsUSA is a Career-Technical Student Organization serving students in High School and College Post-Secondary Industrial, Engineering and Health Career Training programs in Ohio.
Ohio Means Jobs
can help guide your career search.