Animal / Pre-Veterinary Science
Learners will examine the diverse and complex field of animal science and identify all phases of animal production, research, sales, service, business, and education in which animal scientists may be involved. Animal sciences is planned to be a rigorous course in which students will not only learn a general understanding of grooming, companion animal care, and general customer service, but students will also gain skills to work within the veterinary field leaving with the potential to work at a veterinary office.
** Animal Sciences is an exciting career-oriented program that prepares students for a future in the animal care field directly after high school. This program also helps to prepare students for additional education and or further training related to animal science. Animal care is becoming a very wide career field with numerous opportunities.
Animal / Pre-Veterinary Science Career Options
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Pet smart - pet store employee
- Work as receptionist - assistant at a vet office
- AKC volunteer worker
- Pre-veterinary programs at college (after a 4-year pre-med or pre-vet program)
- Zoo volunteer
- Work or operate an animal shelter
- Full-time dog pet groomer
- Zoology and zookeeping
- Management of vet office or zoo
- Veterinary assistant
- Kennel facilities operations
- Animal Pharmacology and radiology
Animal / Pre-Veterinary Science Industry Organization
Ohio Means Jobs
can help guide your career search.