Advanced Manufacturing Program
Preview of the Advanced Manufacturing 2020-21 program. Information subject to be updated.
This program teaches students how to design and manufacture precision part from raw materials and shape them into complex components. Master skills in Computer-Aided Drafting and Machining (CAD/CAM). Work on Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) milling machines and lathes. We also expose students to fabrication using welding processes, pipe bending, custom fit-up, heat treating, and many other fabraction processes. This is a hands on environment that allows students to bring their interests to life in lab.
- Master skills in Computer-Aided Drafting and Machining (CAD/CAM)
- Work on Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) milling machines and lathes
Students in this program will learn:
- Shop safety and OSHA regulations
- Blueprint reading
- Basic hand & measuring tools
- Precision layout and inspection
- Manual machining operations using band saws; drill presses; grinders
- Milling machines and lathes
- CNC mill and lathe set-up and operation
Advanced Manufacturing Higher Education Options
Graduates of this program may serve apprenticeships, attend technical schools or pursue two-year college degrees in mechanical engineering technology or manufacturing technology. They may also choose to earn a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.
Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
Advanced Manufacturing Career Options
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Apprentice Machinist
- CAD Operator
- Product Manufacturer
- Machine Designer
- Production Welder
- Apprentice Mold Maker
- Apprentice Tool and Die Maker
- CNC Mill or Lathe Operator
- Quality Control Inspector
- Production Machinist
- Manufacturing Engineer
Advanced Manufacturing Industry Credentials
- Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) - Certified
- Production Technician (12 credits)
- NIMS: (National Institute for Metalworking Skills) (12 credits)
- NCCER (6 credits); NIMS Articulated Credit EGCC
Advanced Manufacturing Industry Organization
The Ohio Association of SkillsUSA is a Career-Technical Student Organization serving students in High School and College Post-Secondary Industrial, Engineering and Health Career Training programs in Ohio.
Ohio Means Jobs
can help guide your career search.