Landscaping Career Program
Grow your outdoor future by training for a career in the "Green Industry" today.
Earn your way to a rewarding career in landscaping! At MCCTC, you'll learn everything you need to know to design and maintain beautiful outdoor living spaces. Within the landscaping program, you'll receive training that encompasses multiple aspects of the green industry. It will prepare you for many career opportunities with steadily increasing earning potential, limited only by your desire to achieve. You'll be prepared for lawn and landscape maintenance and residential/commercial landscape design, in addition to earning your OSHA Certification.
Students in this program will learn:
- Landscape Design - Installation and Maintenance
- Power Equipment - Operation and Maintenance
- Tree, Shrub and Plant - Care and Identification
- Integrated Pest Management and OSHA Certification
- Business Management, Customer Service and Marketing
Higher Education Options
Certifications, two and four-year degrees in Landscape related careers are available from several local universities. Degrees may be obtained in Landscape Design, Turf Management, Greenhouse Production, Horticulture, Plant Pathology and Entomology.
Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
- Kent State University - Salem
- Eastern Gateway Community College
Ohio Means Jobs can help guide your career search.
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Residential/Commercial Lawn Care Specialist
- Landscape Designer & Installer
- Tree Care Specialist
- Greenhouse/Nursery Grower
- OSHA Certification
- OCNT (Ohio Certified Nursery Technician) Certifications available in: Core, Garden Center, Grower and Landscape
- ODA (Ohio Department of Agriculture) Certified Pesticide Applicators License
NALP – National Association of Landscape Professionals
ONLA – Ohio Nursery and Landscape Association
ISA – International Society of Arboriculture
MVLNA – Mahoning Valley Landscape & Nursery Assoc.
The FFA (formerly Future Farmers of America) is a national youth organization dedicated to preparing members for leadership and careers in the science, business and technology of agriculture. Local, state and national activities and award programs provide opportunities to apply knowledge and skills acquired through agriculture education. The Ohio FFA Association has 24,800 members in 308 chapters throughout Ohio.