Health Science Tech Prep
Two-year Program at MCCTC, two years in college
The health technologies program provides students with classroom and "hands-on" training in many aspects of allied health. Students learn proper safety procedures, how to assess patient conditions and how to work as part of a team to promote the health of the patients. A significant portion of the learning occurs in clinical settings and at YSU.
Students in this program will learn:
- Proper health and safety procedures Patient assessment Medical ethics Basic anatomy and physiology
- Respiratory therapy skills
- Airway management
- Capillary and venipunctures
- Interpersonal and professional communications
- Medical terminology
- Infection control
Higher Education Options
Hospital-based or college degree programs in fields of clinical laboratory technology, emergency medical services, nursing, respiratory care, physical or occupational therapy, exercise science and other health professions.
Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
- Youngstown State University
- Eastern Gateway Community College
- CT2 - Ohio Board of Regents
- Emergency Medical Technician- Basic (EMT)
- Career-Technical Credit Transfer (CT)² | Ohio Higher Ed
Ohio Means Jobs can help guide your career search.
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Emergency Medical Technician – Basic
- Emergency Department Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Pheresis Technician
- Laboratory Assistant
Phlebotomy Certification, EMT-Basic Certification, Health Provider CPR, First Aid, OSHA 10
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.