Early Childhood Education
From creating lesson plans to working in our in-house infant and toddler center, students in the Early Childhood Education Two-year program gain firsthand experience and can explore their interests in the teaching and human-services fields.
Students will gain valuable working expereince in our Preschool Disabilities Program and an infant/toddler center, both of which are located at MCCTC. Additional experience is provided in area day care centers, nursery and elementary schools, and special education centers.
Students in this program will learn:
- How to set up a safe and healthy educational environment for children
- using principles of positive guidance
- How to create basic lesson plans with visual aids
- CPR and First Aid skills
- Day care classroom management
- How to provide a developmentally appropriate learning environment
- How to recognize and provide for the intellectual
- social and emotional needs of children
Higher Education Options
Two-year technical degree in early childhood education and related fields. Four-year professional degree in teaching and other human service fields. Seniors complete several requirements for their child development associate credential (CDA).
Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
- coming soon
Ohio Means Jobs can help guide your career search.
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Day Care Head Teacher
- Elementary Teacher Aide
- Head Start Assistant
- Home Day Care Provider
- Institutional Attendant
- Nursery School Aide
- Recreation Aide
- Special Education Aide