The Culinary Arts Two-year program allows students to study the art of preparing and cooking with the knowledge of food science and an understanding of diet and nutrition.
Students in the Culinary Arts program can develop the skills necessary for success in the demanding and competitive food service/hospitality industry.
- Gain "hands-on industry" experience in our student-operated restaurant, The Bistro at MCCTC
- Develop skills in customer relations, work ethic, and management
- Real-world industry catering experiences by participating in functions before, during, and after school
Culinary arts training allows each student hands-on time in our full-service restaurant, The Bistro at MCCTC
Students in this program will learn:
- Advanced culinary skills
- Purchasing and inventory control
- Recipe nutrition and menu development
- Salad preparation and food preparation basics
- Cafeteria operation
- Preparation of main entrées - stocks - soups - sauces - gravies
- Bakery and dessert preparation
- Sanitation and food safety practices
- Food service equipment operation
- Dining room operation and management
- Banquet and catering planning
- Commercial food equipment
Higher Education Options
Two-year associate degrees in culinary arts, baking and pastry, hospitality management, and hotel/restaurant management. Four-year professional degrees in restaurant management, institutional food management, dietetics and nutrition, and hotel and restaurant management.
Articulation Agreements with the following institutions:
- Youngstown State University
- Sullivan University
- Culinary Institute of America
- Hocking College
Ohio Means Jobs can help guide your career search.
Students who have completed this program are prepared for careers as:
- Assistant Manager
- Bakery/Pastry Chef
- Dietary Aide
- Sous Chef
Students in the Culinary Arts program are eligible to obtain the National Restaurant Association ServSafe Certificate.